A one-on-one consultation with our dietitian will allow us to complete a comprehensive nutritional health assessment. From here, your dietitian can assist you in developing personalised eating recommendations, while providing you with the tools to implement suitable and practical health and lifestyle changes.
What to expect in an Initial Consultation:
Initial consultations last for 40 minutes. During this time, your dietitian will:
- Gather information from you regarding your medical history (including recent blood tests or diagnoses, medications and supplements), family history, allergies or intolerances to foods (including what symptoms you are experiencing), and lifestyle or work routines.
- Discuss your dietary pattern and intake, and further assess whether you are meeting your nutritional requirements.
- Determine whether there are particular problem areas that affect your dietary intake, such as stress and emotional eating, lack of energy or appetite etc., so that they can be addressed in future consultations and incorporated into individual goals.
- Develop practical, realistic and achievable dietary and lifestyle objectives that are relative to your personal healthcare goals. Your dietitian will also provide you with relevant education and resources to assist you in implementing such changes.
- Arrange a follow up appointment, where necessary, to ensure you receive the education and support required to assist you in achieving your goals.
Implementing and managing your dietary and lifestyle changes generally requires ongoing care and support. Your dietitian will encourage you to attend follow up consultations at a frequency that is decided by you and your dietitian. Some individuals receive all the information they require within their initial consultation, however others may require extra support through ongoing appointments 1-4 weeks apart. Follow up consultations generally last 20 minutes, where we will monitor your individual progress, provide you with additional support, resources and practical advice in order assist you in achieving your goals.